Monday, June 12, 2017

A Blog by the Team - May Sponsorship Trip 2017


We love sharing the first hand experiences of those who have traveled to Haiti on a mission trip with TOHH! Check out what some of the 2017 May Sponsorship Team had to say about their week in Haiti...

This was my third trip to Tree Of Hope Haiti as well as my 11th trip to Haiti overall!  Every trip is always different from one another.  This past week’s trip was amazing!  I was able to spend time with the 6 children that I am sponsoring through TOHH.  It’s wonderful to see the smiles on the kids’ faces when they see you for the first time when you return.  I think the one event that stands out the most from this trip was when my friend Carleen and I, who cosponsor a child that comes from a family of 10 children, were able to give the family a nice sized donation of food (some we brought from home and the rest we had bought in Haiti).  To hear some of the boys from this family tell me each day that they had a good meal brought me so much joy knowing that I helped to make a difference for these boys’ lives.  I cannot wait to return on my next trip in August!

- Chelle Overton



Our trip to Tree of Hope Haiti was life altering.  We routinely thank God for our many blessings, our food, shelter and clothing.  Never again will we be so blasé about it.  We have so much more than we ever imagined prior to seeing how little the people of Haiti have.  We in America are never content with what we have.  We always want more and bigger.  The people in Haiti are content with what they have even though to our eyes, they have nothing.  A one room shack with no electricity, running water, bathroom facilities or cooking appliances is not a home in our estimation. But that is where and how they live and raise their family, and it’s what they know and what they accept.  We saw little children without proper clothing or nourishment. We saw tiny buildings that house families of six, eight, ten or more people.  They are thankful for what they have, little as it is.  Those beautiful little faces stole our hearts.  We wanted to feed, clothe, and educate each one of them, but we are able to help only one at this time. One doesn’t seem adequate, but our help makes a big difference to that one. Our eyes were opened to what is important…family and support of family. We have several children, grandchildren, and even great-grandchildren that we count as our blessings.  God sees all His children as blessings and loves us all equally. He wants us to do the same. We will never take anyone or anything God has given us for granted again.

- Sandi and Clint Eklund


Tree of Hope Haiti has made such a positive impact in my life. Gama and Angela have opened their hearts and their home to all who want to share in their visions to help the children and families of their Haitian community. I feel more than blessed to be given the opportunity to not only sponsor children to get their education, but to also have the opportunity to be an active part of their lives The heartwarming feeling you get when invited into your sponsored child's home is so difficult to put into words. The families are excited to see you and welcome you with open arms and the grandest of smiles. I truly had the notion that I was going to Haiti to help the less fortunate, when in reality, they have helped me so much more !!! Don't just think about helping .....Just Do it!!!! One child at a time. I promise, you will not regret it. Who knows, maybe we will be on a future trip visiting our sponsored children together. PRECIOUS.


- Carleen Desrochers


My husband and I were so blessed on our recent trip to Haiti. This trip touched our hearts beyond words! We've been on other mission trips but this one was different in the way that we not only met our "children", we experienced their daily routine.  We visited their homes, schools and church. We made lasting relationships that we never could on other trips. I was overjoyed to tears on Sunday when I couldn't stop thanking God for this wonderful opportunity to be worshipping My Savior along side my "girls". My heart is still jumping for JOY over this life changing trip! We are ready for our 2nd trip and annual ones to follow. This was truly a gift from God!

- Donna and Rich Duplessie


I went to Haiti to help but they ended up changing my life. There was so much to love, graciousness, happiness, and sharing among people who have absolutely nothing materialistically that I was absolutely blown away. God is at work all around. part of my heart will always be in Haiti. Thank you Tree Of Hope Haiti for giving me the experience of a life time. The food, the people, the love of God, the experience was above and beyond anything I could have dreamed of. Thank you so much.


- Phylicia Harrison Hall










No comments:

Post a Comment